More soup!! This one was spectacular: Homemade mushroom! I love mushrooms. Despite all the peer pressure as a child from friends who convinced me that they’re gross… I’m glad I stuck to my beliefs! Heh.
Again, as before, this recipe only makes two serves, so double, triple, etc.
– 2-ish cups of fresh mushrooms (one package worth), washed & chopped
– olive oil
– 3+ cloves of garlic (I like things really garlicky, so I used… eight), minced
– half of a medium onion (or just a small onion), chopped
– 1 teaspoon of thyme
– 1 cup of vegetable stock
– 1 tablespoon of flour dissolved in 1 tablespoon of water
– 1 cup of milk
– dash of nutmeg
– salt & pepper to taste
Now the what-to-dos:
– Drizzle some olive oil in a saucepan and sauté garlic & onion on medium heat until onion is translucent.
– Add mushrooms and thyme, and cook for another 5 minutes.
– Add your vegetable broth, stirring occasionally until everything comes to a boil.
– Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
– Add diluted flour and stir constantly while the mixture thickens.
– Add nutmeg, salt & pepper.
– Finally, add milk and bring back to a simmer again.